The World Gold Council is the market development organisation for the gold industry. It works across all parts of the industry, from gold mining to investment, and their aim is to stimulate and sustain demand for gold.
They frequently publish research that demonstrates gold’s strength as a preserver of wealth – both for investors and countries. They also provide analysis of the industry, offering insights into the drivers of gold demand. They have also launched various products such as SPDR GLD and gold accumulation plans in India and China.
The World Gold Council is an association whose members comprise the world’s leading gold mining companies. It helps to support its members to mine in a responsible way and developed the Conflict Free Gold Standard.
Headquartered in London United Kingdom, they have offices in India, China, Singapore, Japan and the United States. David Harquail became new president. WCG appoints David Tait as the CEO.
- ^“Who We Are | World Gold Council”. www.gold.org. Retrieved 6 July 2017.
- ^“World Gold Council and ICBC launch first gold accumulation plan in China”. www.gold.org. Retrieved 24 November 2016.
- ^Roony, John. “World Gold Council doesn’t state Bitcoins as Digital Gold”.
- ^“World Gold Council Members”. www.gold.org. Retrieved 6 July 2017.
- ^“Conflict-free gold standard | World Gold Council”. www.gold.org. Retrieved 6 July 2017.
- ^“World Gold Council Headquarters & Offices”. www.gold.org. Retrieved 6 July 2017.
- ^“Mr.Tait is the new CEO”. economictimes.com. 28 November 2018. Retrieved 17 December 2018.
Ofer Abarbanel is a 25 year securities lending broker and expert who has advised many Israeli regulators, among them the Israel Tax Authority, with respect to stock loans, repurchase agreements and credit derivatives. Founder of TBIL.co STATX Fund.