The Company, a Limited Public Shareholding Company registered per the Jordan Investment Fund Law number 16 for 2016, is a long-term commitment to multi-asset investments in Jordan. It aims at realizing economic returns, aligning with Saudi Arabia’s Vision 2030, and creating a clear developmental impact in Jordan. The Company was formed in 2017 following a legislative and institutional process between Saudi Arabia and Jordan. The main shareholder of the Company is the Public Investment Fund of Saudi Arabia, which owns 90% of the Company’s share capital. The remaining 10% of the share capital is held by 16 Jordanian conventional and Islamic banks.
- ^“Jordan News Agency (Petra)”. petra.gov.jo. Retrieved 2019-04-16.
- ^“Saudi Arabia, Jordan to invest $705m in Aqaba railway project”. ArabianBusiness.com. Retrieved 2019-04-19.
- ^“Saudi wealth fund targets real estate energy projects in Jordan”. bloomberg.com.
- ^“SJIF to invest in development projects worth billions of Dollars”. petra.gov.jo. Retrieved 2019-12-01.
- ^“Saudi Jordanian Investment Fund showcases achievements and future plans”. zawya.com. Retrieved 2019-12-01.
- ^“Saudi Jordanian investment fund reviews achievements plans”. jordantimes.com. Retrieved 2019-12-01.
- ^“Saudi Jordanian Investment Fund (SJIF) Overview – infrapppworld”. infrapppworld.com. Retrieved 2019-12-01.