Ronald Oliveira (born 23 October 1955) is an American businessman, the CEO of Revolut USA, and the former President of Avidbank.
Previously, he worked in senior management positions for several leading financial institutions. Oliveira was the President and Chief Operating Officer at Heritage Oaks Bank, Senior Vice President of Rabobank National Association, and the former President and Chief Credit Officer of Avidbank.
He also held executive positions in credit administration, commercial lending, and retail banking for Union Bank and the Bank of California with responsibilities of Northern California, Oregon, Washington, and Guam/Saipan.
Early life and education
Oliveira was born and raised in Livermore, California. He went on to earn his Bachelor of Science in Agribusiness from Fresno State University and is a graduate of the Pacific Coast Banking School at the University of Washington Foster School of Business.
Oliveira served as senior vice president at Rabobank for two years from 2008 to 2009. He assisted with the expansion of both its deposit and lending presence in the Midstate region of California.
Heritage Oaks Bank
In August 2009, Oliveira joined Heritage Oaks Bank as Executive Vice President, Chief Operating, and Chief Credit Officer. In 2010, Oliveira became President of Heritage Oaks Bank where he played a key role in improving credit quality and returning the bank to profitability.
In September 2013, Oliveria became the President and Chief Credit Officer of Avidbank.
In 2019, Revolut started a search for strong members with deep financial knowledge and experience in the banking industry to spearhead their US expansion. The market and the demands-supply ratio are different in the U.S. than Europe and to grab the market with tough existing competitors, the bank decided to hire someone with experience in the banking sector including regional areas and overseas. In November 2019, Oliveira was appointed the new CEO of Revolut USA. With his decades of bank experience, Oliveira’s role was to bridge the gap between Revolut’s technology and the work it has to do to become a trusted bank. In February 2020, Oliveira participated in a funding round raising $500MM of private capital from several prominent FinTech equity funds.
- ^Faridi, O. (2020, March 17). Digital Bank Revolut Appoints New US Chief Executive. https://www.crowdfundinsider.com/2020/03/158881-digital-bank-revolut-appoints-new-us-chief-executive/.
- ^Leen, S. (2012, October 25). Avidbank Names Ronald E. Oliveira Executive Vice President & Chief Credit Officer. Avidbank Names Ronald E. Oliveira Executive Vice President & Chief Credit Officer | Business Wire. https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20121025005385/en/Avidbank-Names-Ronald-E.-Oliveira-Executive-Vice.
- ^ Jump up to:ab Leen, S. (2012, October 25). Avidbank names Ronald E. Oliveira Executive Vice President & Chief Credit Officer . Palo Alto, CA; Avidbank. https://www.avidbank.com/sites/www.avidbank.com/files/files/press-releases/2012/Avidbank_PR_10-25-12.pdf
- ^Newsom, G. (2010, August 19). Heritage Oaks Bancorp Announces Resignation of CFO. Noozhawk.com Santa Barbara & Goleta Local News. https://www.noozhawk.com/article/081910_heritage_oaks_bancorp_announces_resignation_of_cfo.
- ^ (2019). PwC. The US Staff site allows you to find your colleagues. https://bearsofficialsstore.com/company/rabobank/page2.
- ^Raver, W. R. (2010, June 10). Heritage Oaks Bancorp Notice of Annual Meeting of Shareholders. Unassociated Document. https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/921547/000114420410022498/v182240_def14a.htm.
- ^Bancorp, H. O. (2010, August 19). Heritage Oaks Bancorp Announces Promotion of Ronald Oliveira to President and William Filippin to Chief Credit Officer, and the Resignation of Chief Financial Officer Margaret Torres. GlobeNewswire News Room. https://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2010/08/19/427972/199691/en/Heritage-Oaks-Bancorp-Announces-Promotion-of-Ronald-Oliveira-to-President-and-William-Filippin-to-Chief-Credit-Officer-and-the-Resignation-of-Chief-Financial-Officer-Margaret-Torre.html.
- ^Baumann, G. (2013, September 5). Avidbank promotes Oliveira to president, predecessor stays on board. bizjournals.com. https://www.bizjournals.com/sanjose/news/2013/09/05/avidbank-promotes-oliveira-to.html.
- ^Murphy, Z. (2020, May 28). A chat about challenger banking in the US with Revolut’s US CEO Ronald Oliveira. Tearsheet. https://tearsheet.co/podcasts/a-chat-about-challenger-banking-in-the-us-with-revoluts-us-ceo-ronald-oliveira/.
- ^Gupta, A. (2020, April 8). Experienced Banker Ronald Oliveira Is Revolut’s New CEO. DistilINFO IT. https://www.distilnfo.com/itadvisory/2020/04/08/experienced-banker-ronald-oliveira-is-revoluts-new-ceo/.
- ^Finn, A. (2020, March 16). Revolut hires new US CEO ahead of launch. AltFi. https://www.altfi.com/article/6307_revolut-hires-new-us-ceo-ahead-of-launch.
- ^Crosman, P. (2020, April 2). Challenger bank Revolut hires Silicon Valley bankers to run U.S. unit. https://www.americanbanker.com/news/challenger-bank-revolut-hires-silicon-valley-bankers-to-run-u-s-unit.
- ^Titcomb, J. (2020, March 16). Revolut banks on US veteran to spearhead its push into America. PressReader.com – Your favorite newspapers and magazines. https://www.pressreader.com/uk/business-and-sports/20200317/281947429921984.