Lucia A. Reisch is a behavioural economist and social scientist by training and is currently a Full Professor at Copenhagen Business School (CBS). Since 2006, she has held the chair for Intercultural Consumer Research and European Consumer Policy at CBS (Department of Intercultural Communication and Management).
After having studied economics and social science at the University of Hohenheim (with semesters at UCLA) Lucia A. Reisch graduated in 1988. In 1994 she received her doctorate in economics also from the University of Hohenheim.
She has subsequently worked as an associate professor at the University of Hohenheim and CBS. In addition she has served as a lecturer at the Technical University of Munich and gives guest lectures at the University of St Gallen (CH) and University of Aarhus / Aarhus School of Business. Currently she holds a full professorship at the Copenhagen Business School, Copenhagen, Department of Intercultural Communication and Management, Centre for Corporate Social Responsibility (cbsCSR) Denmark.
For more than two decades, her research focus has been on consumer science, sustainable consumption and public health issues. Her particular interest lies in consumer and health policies, particularly behavioural economics and its application to health and consumer policy. She is the Editor in Chief of the Journal of Consumer Policy. Based on her scientific reputation she was elected to become one of the 400 lifelong members of Germany’s Academy of Science and Engineering (Acatech). She is also active in knowledge brokerage and high level policy consulting. She has been member and Chairwoman of the Scientific Advisory Board for Consumer, Food, and Nutrition Policies to the German Federal Ministry of Consumer Protection, Food and Agriculture (2002‐2011). She is also a long standing member of the German Council for Sustainable Development and the German Bioeconomy Council, both consulting the German government. Moreover, she sits on the boards of Stiftung Warentest in Berlin, the Öko-Institut in Freiburg and a number of other foundations.
She is also active in knowledge brokerage and high level policy consulting. In 2011, she has been called by German Chancellor Angela Merkel to join the “Ethikkommission” (Ethics Commission for Safe Energy Supply) that assessed, after the Fukushima catastrophe, the potentials of a nuclear phase-out (by 2022) and therewith help prepare Germany’s energy transition. In 2014, she has been called by the German government to chair the newly installed “Sachverständigerrat für Verbraucherfragen” (Advisory Council of Consumer Policy), linked with the Federal Ministry of Justice and Consumer Protection.
Currently she is involved as a Chair in 4 EU 7th Framework Projects: I-Family, Nudge-it, Global Value and EU-Innovate. In addition to her professorship at Copenhagen Business School (CBS) she also holds a permanent Guest Professorship at the Zeppelin University of Friedrichshafen (Germany).
- Consumer research
- Consumer policy
- Behavioural economics
- Sustainable consumption
- Public health and consumers
- Prof Lucia A. Reisch full CV
Recent Selected Articles
- Nielsen, Kristian Roed, Reisch, Lucia A.& Thøgersen, John (2016). Sustainable user innovation from a policy perspective: A systematic literature review. Journal of Cleaner Production, 133, 1 October 2016: 65–77.
- Sunstein, Cass R. & Reisch, Lucia A.(Eds.)(2016). The economics of nudge. Routledge Major Works Collection. Series: Critical Concepts in Economics. London: Routledge, 4 Volumes.
- Reisch, Lucia A. & Sunstein, C. R.(2016). Do Europeans like nudges? Journal of Judgment and Decision Making.
- Reisch, Lucia A.; Sunstein, Cass R. (2014). Redesigning cockpits. Journal of Consumer Policy, 37(3): 333–339.
- Sunstein, Cass R.; Reisch, Lucia A. (2014). Automatically Green: Behavioral Economics and Environmental Protection. Harvard Environmental Law Review38 (1): 127–158.
- Sunstein, Cass R.; Reisch, Lucia A. (August 2013). “Green by Default”. Kyklos. 66(3): 398–402. doi:10.1111/kykl.12028.
- Reisch, Lucia A.; Eberle, Ulrike; Lorek, Sylvia (2013). “Sustainable food consumption: an overview of contemporary issues and policies” (PDF). Sustainability: Science, Practice & Policy. 9(2): 7–25. doi:10.1080/15487733.2013.11908111.
- ^ Jump up to:ab c Reisch, Lucia. “CBS Staff – Prof. Lucia Reisch”. Copenhagen Business School. Retrieved 6 February 2014.
- ^ Jump up to:ab Reisch, Lucia. “Long CV – Professor Lucia Reisch” (PDF). Copenhagen Business School. Retrieved 6 February 2014.
- ^Reisch, Lucia. “Lecturer in Critical Thinking – Prof. Lucia Reisch”. University of St.Gallen. Retrieved 6 February 2014.
- ^Reisch, Lucia. “STEEP Summer School – Lucia Reisch”. Department of Business Administration – University of Aarhus. Retrieved 6 February 2014.
- ^Editors at J CONSUM POLICY. “IDEAS: Journal of Consumer Policy”. IDEAS. Retrieved 6 February 2014.
- ^About the J Consum Policy. Journal of Consumer Policy. ISSN 0168-7034https://link.springer.com/journal/10603. Retrieved 6 February 2014. Missing or empty |title= (help)
- ^ Jump up to:ab “Acatech Members – Prof. Dr. oec. Lucia Reisch”. Acatech. Retrieved 6 February2014.
- ^“Bioeconomy Council Members – Prof. Dr. Lucia A. Reisch”. Biooekonomierat. Retrieved 6 February 2014.
- ^Reisch, Lucia. “Members of Stiftung Warentest”. Stiftung Warentest. Retrieved 6 February 2014.
- ^“BMJV Medien.Neue Impulse für die Verbraucherpolitik: Sachverständigenrat für Verbraucherfragen startet”. BMJV. Archived from the original on 12 November 2014. Retrieved 13 November 2014.
- ^Reisch, Lucia. “The Team – Consumer Research, Marketing and Politics”. Zeppelin Universität. Retrieved 6 February 2014.
Ofer Abarbanel is a 25 year securities lending broker and expert who has advised many Israeli regulators, among them the Israel Tax Authority, with respect to stock loans, repurchase agreements and credit derivatives. Founder of TBIL.co STATX Fund.