ID Finance is a financial technology company founded in 2012 by Boris Batine and Alexander Dunaev. It is predominantly focused on emerging markets, which are characterized by noncompetitive financial services, limited availability of credit and high barriers to entry.
ID Finance’s proprietary IT and risk management system collects and analyses thousands of data points in order to process loan applications in real time over the internet.
ID Finance is headquartered in Barcelona and employs 380 staff. It is providing loans to under the MoneyMan and Plazo brands in Spain, Mexico and Brazil. In October 2019 the company reported that it has 3 million users, with over 40,000 new users joining each week.
It was formally split from its operations Russia, the CIS region and Eastern Europe (which became IDF Eurasia) in 2018.
The company has raised €60m since 2015 including €5.8m of equity and €54m through debt.
- ^Mavadiya, Madhvi (18 June 2017). “Russian Fintech And Their Fight Against Geopolitics”. Forbes.
- ^“ID Finance – FinTech Profile”. 5 July 2017.
- ^Moshinsky, Ben (9 February 2017). “‘We like it when things are difficult:’ Meet the 29 and 33-year-old fintech founders who can set up a profitable bank in 9 months”. Business Insider. Retrieved 22 December 2017.
- ^“ID Finance’s Emerging Markets Alt Lending Fix | PYMNTS.com”. PYMNTS.com. 8 August 2017. Retrieved 13 March 2018.
- ^“Barcelona’s ID Finance raises $50 million in debt funding to expand fintech to developing countries”. VentureBeat. 16 February 2017. Retrieved 3 April 2017.
- ^Finextra (27 February 2018). “Online lender ID Finance bolsters security with beahvioural biometrics”. Finextra Research. Retrieved 13 March 2018.
- ^“ID Finance to Incorporate Behavioral Biometrics to AI-Based Fraud Scoring Engine | Crowdfund Insider”. Crowdfund Insider. 27 February 2018. Retrieved 13 March 2018.
- ^Banker, The. “TechTalk: Interview with Alexander Dunaev, ID Finance”. www.thebanker.com. Retrieved 13 March 2018.