Business and management research is a systematic inquiry that helps to solve business problems and contributes to management knowledge. It Is an applied research.
Four factors (Easterby-Smith, 2008) combine to make business and management a distinctive focus for research :
- Transdiscipline approach
- Information access is difficult since managers see information as competitive advantage on the market
- Managers are educated and want some information produced by the classical research method
- Finding must resolve practical management problems
Managers often need information of high quality to help them to make the right decision.
- Define and clarifying a research topic
- Literature review on this subject
- Research Philosophies
- Formulate research design
- Ethics and access to information
- Defining a sample
- Using Secondary data
- Collecting primary data through observations, questionnaires and interview
- Analysing data
- Draw conclusions from data analysis
- Basic research
- Applied Research
Magazines & Unions
- Journal of Management Studies
- Global business research association at http://grbn.org/about/our-members/
Ofer Abarbanel is a 25 year securities lending broker and expert who has advised many Israeli regulators, among them the Israel Tax Authority, with respect to stock loans, repurchase agreements and credit derivatives. Founder of TBIL.co STATX Fund.