An asymmetric payoff (also called an asymmetric return) is the set of possible results of an investment strategy where the upside potential is greater than the downside risk. Derivative contracts called “options” are the most common instrument with asymmetric payoff characteristics. Hedge funds that employ this kind of investment strategy include Universa Investments, A North Investments, Pershing Square Capital Management, and others.
- ^“Seeking Asymmetric Returns” (PDF). Alliancebernstein.com. Retrieved 7 October 2014.
- ^“Option”. Investorwords.com. Retrieved 7 October 2014.
- ^“Universa Investments”. Universa.net. Archived from the original on 6 October 2014. Retrieved 7 October 2014.
- ^“A North Investments”. Anorthinvestments.com. Archived from the original on 6 October 2014. Retrieved 7 October 2014.
- ^“Pershing Square Capital Management”. Pershing.com. Retrieved 7 October 2014.
Ofer Abarbanel is a 25 year securities lending broker and expert who has advised many Israeli regulators, among them the Israel Tax Authority, with respect to stock loans, repurchase agreements and credit derivatives. Founder of TBIL.co STATX Fund.